From Eran Sevi <erans...@gmail.com>
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 17:05:40 GMT
Hi,
I'm using Lucene.Net 2.4 and I just noticed that when I index documents
while there's at least one IndexReader open on that index (even without
doing anything), the indexing speed is slower by a factor of 3 to 5. When
closing the reader, the indexing speed goes back to normal.
I'm not doing any deletes, only adds.

 My index is going to be updated regularly and there's going to be a
reader/searcher in use almost all the time so this might be a big problem
for me.

Does anyone have a clue if this is normal behavior? why does it happen and
how can I avoid such a big loss in performance?

Thanks,
Eran.