From Michael Neel <michael.n...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Java Vs .Net
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 14:57:32 GMT
I would also like to see a "control" test run.  I'm curious to know if
it's not anything specifically in lucene, but rather the performance
of the garbage collectors.  There are a lot of objects created and
destroyed in building a index.

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Granroth, Neal V.
<neal.granroth@thermofisher.com> wrote:
> It would also be interesting to compare Java vs. Mono performance on Linux.
>
> When constructing the index it might be good to have several different document sources.
 Performance of an index with a relatively small number of shared terms might be significantly
different than an index with a very large number of shared terms.  The presence of "stored"
but not indexed document fields should also be considered.

> When querying the index, don't forget numeric range clauses and query filters.
>
> When designing the test code it might also be helpful to have a way to distinguish between
general Java vs. .NET performance differences and the performance differences due specifically
to Lucene.

> -- Neal

Yahoo!