From "Todd Carrico" <Todd.Carr...@match.com>
Subject RE: Lucene Java Vs .Net
Date Wed, 13 May 2009 19:57:13 GMT
My issue with this type of comparison is the difference in hardware.  Small differences can
make a big impact.

What are you doing to make sure this is apples to apples as far as hardware goes?

tc

-----Original Message-----
From: Digy [mailto:digydigy@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 2:48 PM
To: lucene-net-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Lucene Java Vs .Net

Hi Shashi

general@lucene.apache.org  could  be a good place to discuss your tests and
results.
I eagerly wait your results.

DIGY

-----Original Message-----
From: Shashi Kant [mailto:shashi.mit@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 3:21 AM
To: lucene-net-user@incubator.apache.org

Hi, I am bumping up this thread to see if there are any further inputs
on this. I was planning on running a benchmarking test for .NET vs
Java for both Indexing & Querying (single field, multi field, span
etc.), and would be happy to share my results. I would be using the
PubMed corpus of biomedical literature and running indexing on a few
million articles.

I would be interested to see if others are running on other corpora,
sharing ideas would be very helpful IMHO.

Regards,
Shashi