From Pierre Henri Kuaté <phku...@yahoo.fr>
Subject RE: Designing an index with constant speed no matter how big
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 12:28:33 GMT
These are very useful suggestions; I will investigate all the tips in the wiki of Lucene.

Btw, when I said that "this doesn't work", referring to: OwnerId:123 AND MailContent:Something
I meant that it was still very slow.

My application doesn't sort using Lucene and generally retrieves less than 100 docs.

I think the most promising solution is sharding...

Thanks,
Pierre Henri.

--- On Sun, 5/3/09, Nitin Shiralkar <nitins@coreobjects.com> wrote:

From: Nitin Shiralkar <nitins@coreobjects.com>
Subject: RE: Designing an index with constant speed no matter how big
To: "lucene-net-user@incubator.apache.org" <lucene-net-user@incubator.apache.org>
Date: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 3:27 PM

Hi Pierre,

We have implemented out search engine in similar fashion and it is working absolutely fine.
Few questions:

1. Do you sort on any field while searching? If yes, then remove that and check out.
2. How many results are retrieved while searching? If you are retrieving more than 100 documents,
then use HitCollector method.