From "MBVV.Satish" <mbvvsat...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Lucene Java Vs .Net
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 20:46:48 GMT

Hi,
  We are currently using Java based Lucene in one of our products. We have a product in Microsoft
.Net where we intend to use Lucene.Net.
My question is....
1.) Is Lucene.Net has all the features of Java version? or is there any specific limitation
to .Net version?
2.) Is Lucene.Net is class-per-class, API-per-API and algorithmatic  port of Java Version?
if so are the releases comparable by release numbers i.e., .Net 2.3 with Java 2.3?
3.) Is it possible to use the same Lucene indexes in Java Version as well as .Net Version?

 Please answer my above questions so that it will be helpful in deciding on the use of Lucene
.Net.

Thanks
Satish

      Now surf faster and smarter ! Check out the new Firefox 3 - Yahoo! Edition http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/firefox/?fr=om_email_firefox