From "Andy Berryman" <topd...@gmail.com>
Subject Need some help understanding what the "StandardAnalyzer" is doing here ...
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 13:37:34 GMT
I have an index with a Field named "SKU" which is a "Text" type.  I'm using
the "StandardAnalyzer" for indexing and searching.  I'm using "Luke" (
http://www.getopt.org/luke/luke.jnlp) to do some testing for this problem
and to allow me to see how Lucene is parsing the query etc.  If I provide
the search expression as ... *SKU:andyb-test-item-001* ... Lucene is parsing
that to ... *SKU:"andyb test item-001"*.  Soo my question is ... Why are the
dashes between "andyb", "test", and "item" being removed but not the one
between "item" and "001"?

Thanks
Andy