From "Nathan Haywood" <nath...@CorMine.com>
Subject RE: How to limit search to directory
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 13:30:06 GMT
It is probably a matter of either tokenizing the "parent" field when
indexing or using standard analyzer (instead of, say, keywordanalyzer)
when building the query.

Can you post your code so we can all see/help?

Nathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Slansky [mailto:jslansky@webgroup.cz]
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 3:42 AM
To: lucene-net-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to limit search to directory

Hi George,

thank you for your reply. I have found that there is field named
"parent". So it would be fine to use it in my search query (AND
parent:d:\data\documents).
But there is problem with parsing of colon, underscore and backslash
characters. Even when I escape them (: as a \: ) the final query is
without these characters and they are replaced with space. I tried to
place d:\data\documents in quotations.
What is wrong with parsing of these special characters? I'm using latest
(I hope so) Lucene.net.dll (1.9.0.7).

Jan