From Kurt Mackey <k...@mubble.net>
Subject A little confused about how to use IndexSearcher in a web environment
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2006 23:56:26 GMT
So I have an ASP.NET app which makes use of Lucene.net for a number
of things, and I'm not quite sure what the "correct" way to use the
IndexSearcher is.  At first, I was treating it like I would database
connections (ie: opening and closing a new one each time I needed to
do something), but given that there's no Lucene.net threadpool that
doesn't seem like the best way to do it.

Should I have a single IndexSearcher that's setup in my Global.asax
file, and then use that on any page that needs to search the index
instead?  I'd need to close and reopen it when the index is updated,
wouldn't I?

Any kind of guidance would be good, I'm not finding much written
about this sort of thing. :)

Thanks,
Kurt