From "dave@lonecrow.net" <d...@lonecrow.net>
Subject Re: New user question
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 07:30:57 GMT
I set up my lucene.net to provide site searches on almost a dozen
websites. I built a single resource that provides searches as a
webservice I simply pass it the index name and the search terms, etc.
when I call it from the individual sites and the page of results is
returned as XML. It has worked like a charm and been very easy for me to
extend and maintain.

My only problem has been in finding a decent crawler.  So far the best I
have found is the perl based one provided with the swish-e package but I
have issues with parsing the output.

If anyone knows of a good free/inexpensive crawler that can be executed
in an unattended fashion, please let me know.

If your using Lucene.net with web crawls what spider/crawler do you use?

dave

René de Vries wrote:
> There are many users of lucene.net A very good example is found here: http://www.dotlucene.net/
>
> René

"I see fragged people" - mnight shyamalan party.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0646-0, 11/06/2006
Tested on: 11/6/2006 11:30:58 PM