From "George Aroush" <geo...@aroush.net>
Subject RE: How to limit search to directory
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 15:21:39 GMT
Hi Jan,

The easiest solution is to create two separate indexes and search into the
specific index.  When you want to search both indexes, create a
MultiSearcher.

An alternative is to create an extra field for each document.  In this extra
field store a value unique to "d:\data\help" and a value unique to
"d:\data\documents"  During search, AND this unique field to the search.

Regards,

-- George Aroush

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Slansky [mailto:jslansky@webgroup.cz]
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 6:06 AM
To: lucene-net-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: How to limit search to directory

Hello,

I have a question about query. Is it possible to limit search query to look
for a file in one specific folder and its subdirectories?

Example:

d:\data\help
d:\data\documents

I am indexing d:\data folder and I would like to limit query to search only
in d:\data\documents directory and all it's subdirectories.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jan