From "Tian Luo" <pent...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Version 1.9
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 01:21:35 GMT
Don't quite have the time to be a comitter, but there are two method calls
in the 1.9 source to do with thread disposal (one is terminforeader) that
are not necessary. I can't recall the other method right now, but also
contains the {Aroush-1.9} comment ...

~TermInfosReader()
{
try
{
// patch for pre-1.4.2 JVMs, whose ThreadLocals leak
//System.Threading.Thread.SetData(enumerators, null); // {{Aroush-1.9}} is
this required for .NET ?!
}
catch (Exception)
{
}
}

The use of System.Threading.Thread.SetData is not neccessary and only until
I commented the two instances out I would get random
system.invalidoperationexceptions when running an indexsearcher in another
thread using BackgroundWorker in .NET 2.0. Took me a couple days before I
found the source of the bug.
I believe this issue was also mentioend by someone on the sourceforge
forums. Just thought I'd put this out there.

Regards,
Tian

P.S. Oops I just realized this should be under the developer list,
apologies.