From "Trond Aksel Myklebust" <Trond.Aksel.Mykleb...@idi.ntnu.no>
Subject Missing records from searchresult
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:00:09 GMT
Hello,
Been using PyLucene, but for a small project I want to use dotLucene, though
having some difficulties.

I have indexed 732 files and want to do a "text:a*" search against these
indexes files, but dotLucene only returns 530 of them. If I do a "text:s*"
search 732 files are returned as expected. Running the "text:a*" query using
Luke returns 731 matches, running the query using PyLucene returns the same.
Why am I missing 201 matches when using dotLucene, any issues I am not aware
of? If I do a search "text:ar*" files that was missing from the first search
shows up.

dotLucene code that doesnt work:
IndexSearcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(@"C:\Lucene");
Query query = QueryParser.Parse("a*", "text", new WhitespaceAnalyzer());
Hits hits = searcher.Search(query);
searcher.Close()

PyLucene code that works:
import sys
from PyLucene import *
searcher = IndexSearcher("C:\\Lucene")
query = QueryParser.parse("a*", "text", WhitespaceAnalyzer())
hits = searcher.search(query)
searcher.close()

Hope someone got an answer/fix.

Regards