lucene-lucene-net-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Eyal Post" <eyalp...@epocalipse.com>
Subject RE: Missing records from searchresult
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 20:30:02 GMT
I ran your searcher and got 715 results, I then ran the same query with Luke
and got 715 results too. Seems fine to me..


Regards,
Eyal Post
 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Trond Aksel Myklebust 
> [mailto:Trond.Aksel.Myklebust@idi.ntnu.no] 
> Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 21:38 PM
> To: lucene-net-user@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: SV: Missing records from searchresult
> 
> I've tried:
> DotLucene 1.4.3 build 004
> DotLucene 1.9 RC1 build 002 alpha
> 
> Since Luke and PyLucene returns the correct answers using the 
> index dotLucene creates I assume that the problem lies in 
> searching using dotLucene.
> The best I can do atm regarding a testcase is a copy of my 
> test Lucene index together with a small app that returns the 
> wrong number of results compared to Luke and PyLucene.
> http://folk.ntnu.no/trondaks/uploads/LuceneTest.zip
> If I reduce the number of indexed documents the difference 
> between the number of hits from dotLucene and Luke gets 
> smaller until they are the same, almost like the index for 
> "a" is overpopulated or there is a score threshold somewhere. 
> According to Luke "a" is the among the most used terms, 
> unsure if there is a connection between that and my "text:a*" search. 
> 
> Not exactly what you ask for but hope it can help someway. 
> The index data is extracted from a database:
> IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter(@"LuceneIndex", new 
> WhitespaceAnalyzer(), true); //Get data from database 
> Document doc = new Document(); doc.Add(Field.Text("text", 
> document.toLower())); writer.AddDocument(doc);
> writer.Close()
> 
> 
> Trond
> 
> 
> -----Opprinnelig melding-----
> Fra: Jeff Rodenburg [mailto:jeff.rodenburg@gmail.com]
> Sendt: 20. april 2006 19:25
> Til: lucene-net-user@incubator.apache.org
> Emne: Re: Missing records from searchresult
> 
> Trond -
> 
> We have several assumptions that have to be made about how 
> your index was created, i.e. analyzer in use, contents of 
> fields, etc.  Normally, if you provide a unit test that 
> mimics the behavior you're seeing, it's easier for all of us 
> to provide feedback.
> 
> Can you provide some information about the version of 
> dotlucene you're using?
> 
> -- j
> 
> On 4/20/06, Trond Aksel Myklebust 
> <Trond.Aksel.Myklebust@idi.ntnu.no> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > Been using PyLucene, but for a small project I want to use 
> dotLucene, 
> > though having some difficulties.
> >
> > I have indexed 732 files and want to do a "text:a*" search against 
> > these indexes files, but dotLucene only returns 530 of 
> them. If I do a
> "text:s*"
> > search 732 files are returned as expected. Running the 
> "text:a*" query 
> > using Luke returns 731 matches, running the query using PyLucene 
> > returns the same.
> > Why am I missing 201 matches when using dotLucene, any 
> issues I am not 
> > aware of? If I do a search "text:ar*" files that was 
> missing from the 
> > first search shows up.
> >
> > dotLucene code that doesnt work:
> > IndexSearcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(@"C:\Lucene"); 
> Query query 
> > = QueryParser.Parse("a*", "text", new 
> WhitespaceAnalyzer()); Hits hits 
> > = searcher.Search(query);
> > searcher.Close()
> >
> >
> > PyLucene code that works:
> > import sys
> > from PyLucene import *
> > searcher = IndexSearcher("C:\\Lucene") query = 
> QueryParser.parse("a*", 
> > "text", WhitespaceAnalyzer()) hits = searcher.search(query)
> > searcher.close()
> >
> > Hope someone got an answer/fix.
> >
> > Regards
> > Trond A Myklebust
> >
> >
> >
> 
> 
> 
> 


Mime
View raw message