lucene-lucene-net-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Trond Aksel Myklebust <trond...@idi.ntnu.no>
Subject SV: Missing records from searchresult
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 00:08:29 GMT
Oh, interesting, because I am getting 518 with the searcher.exe app on the
two PC's I've tried it on (both got .NET 2.0), but 715 with Luke. Guess I
should test on a few more systems.
Thanks for testing.
 
Trond 

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: Eyal Post [mailto:eyalpost@epocalipse.com] 
Sendt: 20. april 2006 22:30
Til: lucene-net-user@incubator.apache.org
Emne: RE: Missing records from searchresult

I ran your searcher and got 715 results, I then ran the same query with Luke
and got 715 results too. Seems fine to me..


Regards,
Eyal Post
 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Trond Aksel Myklebust
> [mailto:Trond.Aksel.Myklebust@idi.ntnu.no]
> Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 21:38 PM
> To: lucene-net-user@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: SV: Missing records from searchresult
> 
> I've tried:
> DotLucene 1.4.3 build 004
> DotLucene 1.9 RC1 build 002 alpha
> 
> Since Luke and PyLucene returns the correct answers using the index 
> dotLucene creates I assume that the problem lies in searching using 
> dotLucene.
> The best I can do atm regarding a testcase is a copy of my test Lucene 
> index together with a small app that returns the wrong number of 
> results compared to Luke and PyLucene.
> http://folk.ntnu.no/trondaks/uploads/LuceneTest.zip
> If I reduce the number of indexed documents the difference between the 
> number of hits from dotLucene and Luke gets smaller until they are the 
> same, almost like the index for "a" is overpopulated or there is a 
> score threshold somewhere.
> According to Luke "a" is the among the most used terms, unsure if 
> there is a connection between that and my "text:a*" search.
> 
> Not exactly what you ask for but hope it can help someway. 
> The index data is extracted from a database:
> IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter(@"LuceneIndex", new 
> WhitespaceAnalyzer(), true); //Get data from database Document doc = 
> new Document(); doc.Add(Field.Text("text", document.toLower())); 
> writer.AddDocument(doc);
> writer.Close()
> 
> 
> Trond
> 
> 
> -----Opprinnelig melding-----
> Fra: Jeff Rodenburg [mailto:jeff.rodenburg@gmail.com]
> Sendt: 20. april 2006 19:25
> Til: lucene-net-user@incubator.apache.org
> Emne: Re: Missing records from searchresult
> 
> Trond -
> 
> We have several assumptions that have to be made about how your index 
> was created, i.e. analyzer in use, contents of fields, etc.  Normally, 
> if you provide a unit test that mimics the behavior you're seeing, 
> it's easier for all of us to provide feedback.
> 
> Can you provide some information about the version of dotlucene you're 
> using?
> 
> -- j
> 
> On 4/20/06, Trond Aksel Myklebust
> <Trond.Aksel.Myklebust@idi.ntnu.no> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > Been using PyLucene, but for a small project I want to use
> dotLucene,
> > though having some difficulties.
> >
> > I have indexed 732 files and want to do a "text:a*" search against 
> > these indexes files, but dotLucene only returns 530 of
> them. If I do a
> "text:s*"
> > search 732 files are returned as expected. Running the
> "text:a*" query
> > using Luke returns 731 matches, running the query using PyLucene 
> > returns the same.
> > Why am I missing 201 matches when using dotLucene, any
> issues I am not
> > aware of? If I do a search "text:ar*" files that was
> missing from the
> > first search shows up.
> >
> > dotLucene code that doesnt work:
> > IndexSearcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(@"C:\Lucene");
> Query query
> > = QueryParser.Parse("a*", "text", new
> WhitespaceAnalyzer()); Hits hits
> > = searcher.Search(query);
> > searcher.Close()
> >
> >
> > PyLucene code that works:
> > import sys
> > from PyLucene import *
> > searcher = IndexSearcher("C:\\Lucene") query =
> QueryParser.parse("a*",
> > "text", WhitespaceAnalyzer()) hits = searcher.search(query)
> > searcher.close()
> >
> > Hope someone got an answer/fix.
> >
> > Regards
> > Trond A Myklebust
> >
> >
> >
> 
> 
> 
> 



Mime
View raw message