lucene-lucene-net-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: [Lucene.Net] [VOTE] Apache-Lucene-2.9.4g-incubating-RC1 Release (take 2)
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 08:32:45 GMT
Hi Prescott,

First of all, I should have said "thank you".  Thank you for putting
together the release, thank you for dealing with my "formal"
requirements that some may consider nit-picking and thank you for being

On 2012-01-18, Prescott Nasser wrote:

> What do you mean I wouldn't get three +1s? From the license devs? (
> this group seems a bit dead atm) or do you mean from the general?

I meant "this group".  A release should be backed by the developers of
the project and so far I doesn't look that way.  Maybe people have just
waited for me to perform the "legal checks" in order to avoid spending
time reviewing a release that has to be recalled for non-technical
reasons, I don't know.

As for general.  It sure would be nice if we could get all three mentors
to vote before informing the general list.  By the time you start the
vote on general, you'll have my +1 and we will get two more of them by
asking repeatedly, as usual.

View raw message