lucene-lucene-net-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Lucene.Net] Lucene.Net-2.9.4-incubator-RC2 Documentation
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 14:20:14 GMT
On 2011-11-07, Michael Herndon wrote:

> I can rebuild it, but the trick is replacing the version of it in svn so
> that it does not cause svnsync and cms to choke. Last time I just pushed it
> into branch/site/docs.  However, that is not publicly visible for the
> incubation website, so Prescott had to do an svn move.

When I recommended to do the svn move I didn't realize we were talking
about that many files.  I simply didn't check, sorry.

> I'm not quite sure how to go about it this time around. I would push it to
> jira, but it caps uploads at 10 mb.

Then it still had to go to svn in some way.

Personally I'm not a friend of generated documents in svn but I'm in a
minority here.

With svnpubsub being your only option I think the only thing you can do
is split the commit into smaller chunks, committing 100 or 200 files at
a time.  Maybe infra has better ideas than that, I don't.

Stefan