lucene-lucene-net-dev mailing list archives

From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [Lucene.Net] Lucene.Net Hackathon (5/13-/516)
Date Sun, 08 May 2011 23:12:05 GMT

+1 to getting 2.9.4 ready to roll + the changes to the directory structure we have going

Two and three on my list are :

-Sharpen stuff - I haven't had time to get it really working (not to mention I don't know
eclipse from a hole in the ground). I haven't heard from Alex in a while, who I think is the
most knowledgeable on the subject.

-.NET syntax.

-----

That said, I think Luke is important. If we left with the idea of you could run Luke in java
just find, we could also just say use lucene/solr and the api provided, no need for the Lucene.Net
project. (I know it's a bit different). That said, I don't think it's top priority, but it
would be nice to have a .net implimentation.

Sergey was working on a port of this in WPF - can he perhaps provide an update on what's going
on with that? I think it was located at bit bucket at one point, and then I lost track..