lucene-lucene-net-dev mailing list archives

From Troy Howard <thowar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Lucene.Net] need some perl help
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2011 23:50:45 GMT
I have had success asking questions in #asfinfra . Maybe they can explain.

On Saturday, March 19, 2011, Prescott Nasser <geobmx540@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I added the fix to check if path is null - now of course when updating via the cms javascript
on hte site, the path is null, so the tagline gets set to the default of Lucene.Net.

> Not quite sure how to trouble shoot this
>>

>> Alright, any perl experts - I've been doing some binging and can't quite figure this
out..

>> We have this function:
>>

>> sub basic {
>> my %args = @_;
>> my $filepath = "content$args{path}";
>> read_text_file($filepath, \%args);
>> $args{path} =~ s/\.mdtext$/\.html/;
>> $args{breadcrumbs} = _breadcrumbs($args{path});
>> $args{tagline} = _tagline($args{path});
>> my $template_path = "templates/$args{template}";
>> my $rendered = Dotiac::DTL->new($template_path)->render(\%args);
>> return ($rendered, 'html', \%args);
>> }
>>
>> and then following is part of _tagline:
>>

>> sub _tagline {
>> my $file = basename($_);
>>
>> Occasionally, $_ is empty, which means basename($_) throws an error - specifically
when editing .mdtext files via the asf cms process. This obviously poses an issue when compiling.
I'm not sure how to account for this. Why would %args{path} be empty? I could just do a check
in _tagline to say if $_ is empty then $file = "", which would work, but I'm concerned about
why this is empty in the first place