lucene-lucene-net-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]" <casper...@caspershouse.com>
Subject RE: Proposal Stage: PR/Marketing/Branding
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 13:36:34 GMT
+1 on nuget.  This would expand Lucene.NET's exposure big time.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wyatt Barnett [mailto:wyatt.barnett@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2011 2:58 AM
To: lucene-net-dev
Subject: Re: Proposal Stage: PR/Marketing/Branding

Some ideas to pursue:

1) Get lucene into nuget. Given nuget has Microsoft's weight behind
it, it is going to become the defacto way people find .NET libraries.
This is relatively simple -- pretty much packaging the binaries with
an xml file. We could the current release in there today, and follow
with 2.9.2 when we get it nice and official-like.

2) Build some approachable getting started guides. In all honesty, the
only "how do I start using Lucene" stuff I found when I started using
lucene six or so months ago was in Simone Chiaretta's blog plus the
subtext source. This could perhaps include some DimeCasts.NET style
stuff.

Hope this helps.