lucene-lucene-net-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Herndon <mhern...@o19s.com>
Subject Proposal Stage: Backwards Compatibility / Support
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2010 21:28:25 GMT
*Backwards Compatibility / Support: *
This is definitely something we need to cover.

I'm guessing the obvious choice would be to continue the 2.9.X versions
under sharpen, maintain the current api thats has java idioms so that people
can continue to use it, release patches, ensure stability with the current
community. This would be important for people who have built products on top
of lucene.net.

The 3.0 version should probably match java in terms of breaking the api due
to the language changes or maybe even a separate project inside:
lucene.netredux (for lack of a better term at the moment).

*
*
--
Michael Herndon