lucene-lucene-net-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CFP for Lucene Revolution Conference, Boston, MA October 7 & 8 2010
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 15:14:49 GMT
I should add that talks on Mahout, Tika, Nutch, etc. are also encouraged.

-Grant

On May 17, 2010, at 8:43 AM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> Lucene Revolution Call For Participation - Boston, Massachusetts October 7 & 8, 2010
>
> The first US conference dedicated to Apache Lucene and Solr is coming to Boston, October
7 & 8, 2010. The conference is sponsored by Lucid Imagination with additional support
from community and other commercial co‐sponsors. The audience will include those experienced
Solr and Lucene application development, along with those experienced in other enterprise
search technologies interested becoming more familiar with Solr and Lucene technologies and
the opportunities they present.

> We are soliciting 45‐minute presentations for the conference.
>
> Key Dates:
> May 12, 2010         Call For Participation Open
> June 23, 2010        Call For Participation Closes
> June 28, 2010        Speaker Acceptance/Rejection Notification
> October 5‐6, 2010  Lucene and Solr Pre‐conference Training Sessions
> October 7‐8, 2010  Conference Sessions
>

> Topics of interest include:
> Lucene and Solr in the Enterprise (case studies, implementation, return on investment,
etc.)
>  “How We Did It” Development Case Studies
> Spatial/Geo search
>  Lucene and Solr in the Cloud (Deployment cases as well as tutorials)
> Scalability and Performance Tuning
> Large Scale Search
> Real Time Search
> Data Integration/Data Management
> Lucene & Solr for Mobile Applications
>
> All accepted speakers will qualify for discounted conference admission. Financial assistance
is available for speakers that qualify.

> To submit a 45‐minute presentation proposal, please send an email to cfp@lucenerevolution.org
with Subject containing: <your name>, Topic <your session title> containing the
following information in plain text.