lucene-lucene-net-dev mailing list archives

From "Luis Fco. Ramriez Daza Glez" <luisfc...@yahoo.com.mx>
Subject Soundex (or similar algorithm) search
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 16:15:29 GMT
Hi all

We need to add “Sounds like….” Functionality to our index and I’m looking for any
guidance for where to start.

I read that lucene does not support Soundex directly, but it supports Dictionary that must
be almost the same.

Also found that for Java some people have contributed some Analyzers/code to use some kind
of “sounds like”: metaphone, double-metaphne, etc.

Are any of those contributions available in the NET version, or do I have to do it manually
by implementing the algorithm and/or the analyzers/tokenizers/etc?

Thanks

Luis