lucene-lucene-net-dev mailing list archives

From "Olivier Spinelli" <olivier.spine...@invenietis.fr>
Subject RE: Question
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 09:55:20 GMT
<quote>
Lucene.Net sticks to the APIs and classes used in the original Java
implementation of Lucene. The API names as well as class names are preserved
with the intention of giving Lucene.Net the look and feel of the C# language
and the .NET Framework. For example, the method Hits.length() in the Java
implementation now reads Hits.Length() in the C# port.

In addition to the APIs and classes port to C#, the algorithm of Java Lucene
is ported to C# Lucene. This means an index created with Java Lucene is
back-and-forth compatible with the C# Lucene; both at reading, writing and
updating. In fact a Lucene index can be concurrently searched and updated
using Java Lucene and C# Lucene processes.
</quote>

It's merely all about switching from camelCase to PascalCase...

HTH

Spi