lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From John Brown <brown.j...@temple.edu>
Subject Scoring Across Multiple Fields
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2020 21:37:39 GMT
Hi,

I have a question regarding how Lucene computes document similarities from
field similarities.

Lucene's scoring documentation mentions that scoring works on fields and
combines the results to return documents. I'm assuming fields are given
scores, and those scores are simply averaged to return the document score?

If this is the case, then in order to incorporate multiple fields in my
scoring, I would use multiple term queries that contain the same term, but
target different fields, then I would simply put them in a boolean query,
and search my index using this boolean query.

Am I going about this in the correct way? Any clarification would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
John B