lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Stamatis Zampetakis <zabe...@gmail.com>
Subject Use custom score in ConstantScoreQuery
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2019 11:10:31 GMT
Hi all,

Currently ConstantScoreQuery [1] returns a constant score equal to 1 for
every document that matches the query.

I would like to use the ConstantScoreQuery but with a different score value
that I can pass explicitly (via the constructor for instance).

This change may also benefit some other parts of Lucene where a
ConstantScoreQuery is wrapped around a BoostQuery simply for returning a
score of zero [2][3].

Does this change make sense? Shall I create a JIRA for it?

Best,
Stamatis

[1]
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/master/lucene/core/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/ConstantScoreQuery.java