lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Atri Sharma <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene index directory grows and shrinks
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2019 13:46:03 GMT
This are typical symptoms of an index merge.

However, it is hard to predict more without knowing more data. What is
your segment size limit? Have you changed the default merge frequency
or max segments configuration? Would you have an estimate of ratio of
number of segments reaching max limit / total segments?

Atri

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 7:12 PM Raffaele Gambelli <R.Gambelli@westpole.it> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Jackrabbit 2.18.0 which uses lucene-core 3.6.0.
>
> I'm working on an application that has reached 37 G of directory index, a few days ago,
disk occupancy has quickly reached 100% and then returned to pre-growth employment.

an event I've found only this article describing something really similar https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/experience-manager/kb/lucene-index-directory-growth.html