lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ameer Albahem <ameer.alba...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Classic QueryParser, StandardQueryParser, Quotes
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2019 15:33:15 GMT
A StrField field is not tokenized. So, do not expect "a b" to match "a a b". Lucene will generate
a single term from "a b", and a single term from "a a b", so obviously, they do not match.

If you want to match these two texts, change the field to TextField and use the appropriate
analysis (standard standard analyser is a good start). Run your analysis again.
Regards
Ameer

Sent from Mailspring (https://getmailspring.com/), the best free email app for work