lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From GASPARD-EXT Joel <joel.gaspard-...@fnacdarty.com>
Subject Slowness on Java 11 with Lucene 6
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2019 15:17:26 GMT
Hello,

We have noticed slower response times on search with Lucene 6 when upgrading to Java 11.

We use the version 6.6.5 of Lucene. Our servers are on Windows, with SSD devices. Our index
contains several millions of documents.
When upgrading from Java 8 to Java 11, we have noticed slower response times in query searches
: sometimes 30% slower, sometimes twice as slow, depending on the server capacity.

We measure response times with 200000 queries.
We have made our tests with different JDK providers. We have noticed the same deviation.

Have you encountered this problem ?

Thanks

________________________________

Ce message et toutes les pi?ces jointes qu'il contient sont uniquement destin?s aux personnes
auxquelles ils sont adress?s et sont strictement confidentiels. A moins qu'il en ait ?t? explicitement
convenu autrement, son contenu ne refl?te que la pens?e personnelle de son auteur et ne saurait
donc repr?senter la vision officielle de l'Entreprise. Si vous avez re?u ce message par erreur,
nous vous remercions de bien vouloir en informer l'exp?diteur imm?diatement par retour d'email
et supprimer d?finitivement le message de vos r?pertoires. Toute utilisation de ce message
non conforme ? sa destination, toute diffusion ou toute publication, totale ou partielle,
est interdite, sauf autorisation expresse. L'internet ne permettant pas d'assurer l'int?grit?
de ce message, l'Entreprise d?cline toute responsabilit? au titre de ce message, dans l'hypoth?se
o? il aurait ?t? modifi?.

This message including any attachments is confidential and intended solely for the addressees.
Unless explicitly mentioned, its content reflects only the personal thoughts of the author,
and therefore cannot represent the official view of the Company. If received by error, please
inform immediately the sender by return e-mail and delete definitely the message from any
and all directories. Any use, dissemination or disclosure not in conformity with the intended
purposes is strictly prohibited. The integrity of messages via Internet cannot be guaranteed
and the Company accepts no liability for any changes which may occur.