lucene-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From baris.ka...@oracle.com
Subject Re: Scoring in Lucene 6.6.0, 7.7.2, 8.1
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2019 16:59:36 GMT
Let me ask the next question in another thread,

and it is:

how to find out each score contribution from a booleanquery.

Best regards


On 6/26/19 11:53 AM, baris.kazar@oracle.com wrote:
> This should be very straight forward usage but i am not getting any 
> usefeul info from explain:
>
> Explanation expl = is.explain(booleanQuery.build(), 10);
> System.out.println(expl);
>
> This prints:
>
> 0.0 = Failure to meet condition(s) of required/prohibited clause(s)
>   0.0 = no match on required clause (+regionDFLT:new-hampshire 
> (regionDFLT:new-hammpshire)^0.98)
>     0.0 = Failure to meet condition(s) of required/prohibited clause(s)
>       0.0 = no match on required clause (regionDFLT:new-hampshire)
>         0.0 = no matching term
>   0.0 = no match on required clause (+countryDFLT:united 
> (countryDFLT:uniten)^0.42000002 +countryDFLT:states 
> (countryDFLT:statesir)^0.56)
>     0.0 = Failure to meet condition(s) of required/prohibited clause(s)
>       0.0 = no match on required clause (countryDFLT:united)
>         0.0 = no matching term
>       0.0 = no match on required clause (countryDFLT:states)
>         0.0 = no matching term
>
> for a query plan:
> search Query:
> [+streetDFLT:maink~2 (streetDFLT:"maine")^0.35, +cityDFLT:nasua~2 
> (cityDFLT:"nasuh")^0.35, ++regionDFLT:"new-hampshire" 
> (regionDFLT:"new-hammpshire")^0.98, ++countryDFLT:"united" 
> (countryDFLT:"uniten")^0.42000002 +countryDFLT:"states" 
> (countryDFLT:"statesir")^0.56]
>
> Thanks
>
> On 6/26/19 10:44 AM, baris.kazar@oracle.com wrote:
>> Yes, i know that feature but so far it did not help me much but
>>
>> i am still looking into that.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>>
>> On 6/26/19 2:41 AM, Adrien Grand wrote:
>>> You can use IndexSearcher#explain to see how scores are computed.
>>>
>>> On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 12:48 AM <baris.kazar@oracle.com> wrote:
>>>> Hi,-
>>>>
>>>>    i really want to know why the scoring works this way: search 
>>>> String is
>>>> either MAINO or MAINS: MAIN appears as the 276th entry in the results.
>>>>
>>>> NEW HAMPSHIRE in results: city="NASHUA" municipality="HILLSBOROUGH"
>>>> region="NEW HAMPSHIRE" country="UNITED STATES" in the 0 th result
>>>> NEW HAMPSHIRE in results: city="NASHUA" municipality="HILLSBOROUGH"
>>>> region="NEW HAMPSHIRE" country="UNITED STATES" in the 1 th result
>>>> NEW HAMPSHIRE in results: city="NASHUA" municipality="HILLSBOROUGH"
>>>> region="NEW HAMPSHIRE" country="UNITED STATES" in the 2 th result
>>>> NEW HAMPSHIRE in results: city="NASHUA" municipality="HILLSBOROUGH"
>>>> region="NEW HAMPSHIRE" country="UNITED STATES" in the 3 th result
>>>> NEW HAMPSHIRE in results: street="PENNICHUCK" city="NASHUA"
>>>> municipality="HILLSBOROUGH" region="NEW HAMPSHIRE" country="UNITED
>>>> STATES" in the 4 th result
>>>> NEW HAMPSHIRE in results: street="HARTFORD" city="NASHUA"
>>>> municipality="HILLSBOROUGH" region="NEW HAMPSHIRE" country="UNITED
>>>> STATES" in the 5 th result
>>>>
>>>> NEW HAMPSHIRE in results: street="MARBLEHEAD" city="NASHUA"
>>>> municipality="HILLSBOROUGH" region="NEW HAMPSHIRE" country="UNITED
>>>> STATES" in the 6 th result
>>>> NEW HAMPSHIRE in results: street="SPRUCEWOOD" city="NASHUA"
>>>> municipality="HILLSBOROUGH" region="NEW HAMPSHIRE" country="UNITED
>>>> STATES" in the 7 th result
>>>> NEW HAMPSHIRE in results: street="FRENCH" city="NASHUA"
>>>> municipality="HILLSBOROUGH" region="NEW HAMPSHIRE" country="UNITED
>>>> STATES" in the 8 th result
>>>> NEW HAMPSHIRE in results: street="KIM" city="NASHUA"
>>>> municipality="HILLSBOROUGH" region="NEW HAMPSHIRE" country="UNITED
>>>> STATES" in the 9 th result
>>>> NEW HAMPSHIRE in results: street="HOBART" city="NASHUA"
>>>> municipality="HILLSBOROUGH" region="NEW HAMPSHIRE" country="UNITED
>>>> STATES" in the 10 th result
>>>>
>>>> when the booleanquery with fuzzy and phrasequeries are like in this
>>>> query plan:
>>>>
>>>> [+streetDFLT:maino~2 (streetDFLT:"maine")^0.35, +cityDFLT:nasua~2
>>>> (cityDFLT:"nasuh")^0.35, ++regionDFLT:"new-hampshire"
>>>> (regionDFLT:"new-hammpshire")^0.98, ++countryDFLT:"united"
>>>> (countryDFLT:"uniten")^0.42000002 +countryDFLT:"states"
>>>> (countryDFLT:"statesir")^0.56]
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Why would Pennichuck come first before Main for Lucene 7.7.2 when 
>>>> MAINO
>>>> or MAINS is searched? (lets ignore entries without street)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Similarly with MAINS search on Lucene 6.6.0:
>>>>
>>>> NEW HAMPSHIRE in results: city="NASHUA" municipality="HILLSBOROUGH"
>>>> region="NEW HAMPSHIRE" country="UNITED STATES" in the 1 th result
>>>> NEW HAMPSHIRE in results: city="NASHUA" municipality="HILLSBOROUGH"
>>>> region="NEW HAMPSHIRE" country="UNITED STATES" in the 2 th result
>>>> NEW HAMPSHIRE in results: city="NASHUA" municipality="HILLSBOROUGH"
>>>> region="NEW HAMPSHIRE" country="UNITED STATES" in the 3 th result
>>>> NEW HAMPSHIRE in results: city="NASHUA" municipality="HILLSBOROUGH"
>>>> region="NEW HAMPSHIRE" country="UNITED STATES" in the 4 th result
>>>> NEW HAMPSHIRE in results: street="MOUNTAIN VIEW" city="NASHUA"
>>>> municipality="HILLSBOROUGH" region="NEW HAMPSHIRE" country="UNITED
>>>> STATES" in the 5 th result
>>>>
>>>> NEW HAMPSHIRE in results: street="ELYSTAN" city="NASHUA"
>>>> municipality="HILLSBOROUGH" region="NEW HAMPSHIRE" country="UNITED
>>>> STATES" in the 6 th result
>>>>
>>>> NEW HAMPSHIRE in results: street="DOGGETT" city="NASHUA"
>>>> municipality="HILLSBOROUGH" region="NEW HAMPSHIRE" country="UNITED
>>>> STATES" in the 7 th result
>>>>
>>>> NEW HAMPSHIRE in results: street="WILLIAMS" city="NASHUA"
>>>> municipality="HILLSBOROUGH" region="NEW HAMPSHIRE" country="UNITED
>>>> STATES" in the 8 th result
>>>>
>>>> why would Mountain View be given the top priority? (lets ignore 
>>>> entries
>>>> without street) with this query plan similar again.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> All other consonant letters except S are fine.
>>>>
>>>> Best regards
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org
>>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org
>>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message