lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating specific fields of huge docs
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2019 20:12:32 GMT
If (and only if) the fields you need to update are single-valued,
docValues=true, indexed=false, you can do in-place update of the DV
field only.

Otherwise, you'll probably have to split the docs up. The question is
whether you have evidence that reindexing is too expensive.

If you do need to split the docs up, you might find some of the
streaming capabilities useful for join kinds of operations of other
join options don't work out or you just prefer the streaming
alternative.

Best,
Erick