lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From MarcoR <grumpyrodrig...@protonmail.com>
Subject How do I build a DocValuesIterator similar to the way FieldCache can be used?
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2019 11:53:21 GMT
Greetings,

I'm trying to use BinaryDocValues but I cannot find a way to create an
instance of this type in the way FieldCache can be used: that is, provide an
IndexReader and get back the field cache.

DocValues.getBinary is expecting a LeafReader and I cannot use it by simply
providing an IndexReader. I used BinaryDocValues in a function score query
before but in this case I just want to access DocValues based on a field
name.

How is DocValues supposed to be used as a FieldCache in this case? I could
access a FieldCache at any point I'd need within my code but it looks like
DocValues is limited to cases where I'm given a leaf reader (or a context
that'll give me a leaf reader).

I read everything I could find but I could not find a single example of how
DocValues is supposed to be used, especially as a replacement for the
FieldCache.

All the best

Sent from: http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Lucene-Java-Users-f532864.html