lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Question about usage of LuceneTestCase
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2018 17:14:59 GMT

: Current version of Luke supports FS based directory implementations only.
: (I think it will be better if future versions support non-FS based custom
: implementations, such as HdfsDirectoryFactory for users who need it.)
: Disabling the randomization, at least for now, sounds reasonable to me too.
: I'll try this way.

Be careful with this assumption...

The randomization of directory types isn't just about things like "let's
try a RAM Dir" it also includes things like "let's randomize a dir that
simulates Windows filesystem quirks"  -- stuff that would be very handy to
test with re-usable tool like Luke where you expect users to run on a
variety of platforms / filesystems.

i haven't looked closely into what exactly that "useFactory(null)" call
does, but it's probably worth getting to the bottom of the failures and
*IF* it's tied to some specific dir type or codec, using annotations to
supress them -- rather then just eliminating all directory randomization.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/