lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Manuel <kevinmanue...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about BytesRef and BinaryDocValues
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2018 00:19:29 GMT
Hi,

I'm using lucene version 4.3.1 and I've implemented a custom score query.
I'm trying to read the value for a field from the field cache. It's a text
field so I'm using getTerms which returns a binarydocvalues object.

However on trying to get the bytes ref object for a document and converting
it to a string using utf8ToString I think characters after a whitespace and
not being returned in the string. For instance if the field has 'hey tom',
the string only returns 'hey'.

I tried this with version 4.10.0 too and I see the same thing. I was
wondering if there's something wrong with the way I'm accessing it or it
was an issue in these versions.

Thanks,
Kevin