lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From vish.ramachand...@gmail.com
Subject Possible bug/issue when index sorting is enabled.
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2018 05:44:50 GMT
Hi Lucene Developer community,

I may have hit a Lucene issue and I would like clarification if this is
indeed a bug.

Steps:
1. Enable index sorting for the index
2. Add document with id=1 and yVal=Long.MaxValue
3. Delete document with id, followed by add document with same id with
yVal=45.
4. Flush index.
5. Search for documents with yVal=Long.MaxValue. Deleted document is
returned as part of results.

Here is the concise sample code that reproduces bug:

https://gist.github.com/vishramachandran/4a8443fb67ad74b2f597a58ec0913411

The issue does not reproduce if index sorting is disabled in the code.

I checked with Tomas F. Lobbe on this issue and he was able to concur with
me that this may be a bug - but we wanted to check with the group before
filing one.

Thanks
Vish.