lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From alex stark <alex.st...@zoho.com>
Subject Re: Legacy filter strategy in Lucene 6.0
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2018 07:12:26 GMT
Thanks Adrien, I want to filter out docs base on conditions which stored in doc values (those
conditions are unselective ranges which is not appropriate to put into reverse index), so
I plan to use some selective term conditions to do first round search and then filter in second
phase.  I see there is two phase iterator, but I did not find how to use it. Is it a appropriate
scenario to use two phase iterator? or It is better to do it in a collector? Is there any
guide of two phase iterator? Best Regards   ---- On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 16:08:39 +0800 Adrien
Grand <jpountz@gmail.com> wrote ---- Hi Alex, These strategies still exist internally,
but BooleanQuery decides which one to use automatically based on the cost API (cheaper clauses
run first) and whether sub clauses produce bitset-based or postings-based iterators. Le mer.
8 août 2018 à 09:46, alex stark <alex.stark@zoho.com> a écrit : > As FilteredQuery
are removed in Lucene 6.0, we should use boolean query to > do the filtering. How about
the legacy filter strategy such as > LEAP_FROG_FILTER_FIRST_STRATEGY or QUERY_FIRST_FILTER_STRATEGY?
What is the > current filter strategy? Thanks,