lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Improve Search Speed
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2018 14:31:14 GMT
Hi,

In general, the speed of the Lucene search depends on several aspects, one of those is of
course the underlying hardware its IO performance. To improve search performance, one way
is to use SSDs or increase the available file system cache of your operating system. Full
text search engines are fast, because they only return the best-ranking results first (by
using priority queues). Further increasing the result window size will slow down searches.
So try to improve the relevancy by using better or more specific queries and apply filters
instead of increasing the result set size. To do this we, need more information about the
type of documents or queries you are using.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen