lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From baris.ka...@oracle.com
Subject Re: Grant Ingersoll's 2009 blog article- is there a newer version?
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2018 17:19:14 GMT
i mean i know the function of BoostingTermQuery class:

The BoostingTermQuery is very similar to the SpanTermQuery except that
it factors in the value of the payload located at each of the positions
where the Term occurs.

In order to take advantage of this, you must override
Similarity.scorePayload(String, byte[],int,int) which returns 1 by default.

Payload scores are averaged across term occurrences in the document.

what i am asking is as follows:

Does this mean this (BoostingTermQuery in Lucene 2.9 or
PayloadScoerQuery in latest Lucene) needs to be called for ***all the
words*** scored in the format i mentioned <data>|<payload or score> in
the data?

Best regards