lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com>
Subject Re: Size of Document
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2018 14:49:31 GMT
In the document types I usually index (.pdf, .docx/.doc, .eml), there
exists a metadata field called "stream_size" that contains the size of
the document on disk.  You don't have to compute it.  Thus, when you
retrieve each document you can pull out the contents of this field and,
if you like, include it in each hitlist entry.