lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Adrien Grand <jpou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EarlyTerminatingSortingCollector is expired in lucene 7.2.1
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2018 11:09:39 GMT
You are right that TopFieldCollector doesn't address some expert use-cases
that EarlyTerminatingSortingCollect used to address. If you need to do
something like this I think it's fine for you to fork
EarlyTerminatingSortingCollector.

Do I get it right that you have two fields A and B and want the top 10
documents sorted by A among the top 1M documents when sorting by B? If yes
then beware that EarlyTerminatingSortingCollector does not exactly do that
since it works on a per-segment basis, so you could get some hits in your
results that are not within the top 1M hits when sorting by B.