lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deletions in NRTCAchingDirectory
Date Mon, 14 May 2018 11:45:22 GMT
" I have a use case of bulk deletions with solr and want to understand
using soft commits will help or not."

Will help with what? You haven't told us what the problem you're
worried about is. This
might help:
https://lucidworks.com/2013/08/23/understanding-transaction-logs-softcommit-and-commit-in-sorlcloud/
and
https://lucidworks.com/2017/10/13/segment-merging-deleted-documents-optimize-may-bad/

Best,
Erick

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 1:10 AM, Shivam Omar
<shivam.omar@jeevansathi.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to understand whether deletions get put in memory by the NRTCachingDirectory or
not. I have a use case of bulk deletions with solr and want to understand using soft commits
will help or not. Please suggest.

> Shivam
> DISCLAIMER
> This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the person or the
entity to whom they are addressed and may contain information which is Confidential and Privileged.
Any misuse of the information contained in this email, including but not limited to retransmission
or dissemination of the said information by person or entities other than the intended recipient
is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this email,
please delete this email and contact the sender immediately.