lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From ganesh m <emailg...@yahoo.co.in.INVALID>
Subject Re: Storing and retrieving Java objects in Lucene
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:30:50 GMT
Hi Santosh

 >>Furthermore converting the Lucene Documents to Java object and vice-
versa is a tedious task.

This should not be tedious, how big your document is?

One suggestion is to convert your Java object to JSON and store it in
Lucene. You need to retrieve one field and you can easily convert back
to object.

Regards
Ganesh

On 20-02-2018 08:34, Kumar, Santosh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a requirement to store a Java object with multiple fields into the Lucene index.
Basically, at the application startup I run a  select query on entities ( there are 5 of them
as of now and may increase in future) and then create an index for each of these entities
(5) i.e. five different indexes as of now(cannot have a common index. Need separation of entity
data).   Ideally I would have liked to store only primary key field, but I need rest of the
fields upon fetch.
> I use this index(basically only the primary key field) to prevent users from creating
duplicate entities or suggest them like a Did you mean(Google) ? feature . For this purpose,
I’m using SpellChecker module to suggest entities or identify duplicates. Since, Spell checker
only returns a String array, I again have to run a select separate search on the index(QueryParser
search) or run select on the DB to fetch the entire object. Furthermore converting the Lucene
Documents to Java object and vice- versa is a tedious task. Is there any API or library that
can simplify this task ?  I have heard of Compass API, but not sure if it is still recommended.
Any examples of the same or APIs will be appreciated. Thank you !!!