lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tom Hirschfeld <tomhirschf...@gmail.com>
Subject NumericDocValues vs SortedNumericDocValues
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2018 20:34:19 GMT
Hello,

I need to sort the results of a query based on a single double value for
each document. I am not sure which of the NumericDocValues or the
SortedNumericDocValues would be best to use. Each document will have a
single value indexed. We are indexing ~100m - 1B documents and each query
will sort about 200 results. My specific questions are, for our use case,
how do these two fields differ in:

1) total index size
2) query time performance/impact on sorting
3) any other "gotchas" I may not have thought of yet

Thanks for your time & assistance!
Best,
Tom Hirschfeld