lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dominik Safaric <dominiksafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene custom Query - efficiently and compare retrieve multiple document fields
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2018 13:47:03 GMT
Hi,

I am intending to implement a custom Query using Lucene 6.x and due to the lack of documentation
concerned with a particular topic I have the following questions.

The query is expected to implement a two-phase search, in the sense that during the first
run it matches documents according to criteria X, whereas during the later according to criteria
Y of another document field. Can this be accomplished by using the TwoPhaseIterator?

Secondly, the query as expressed through the API will not specify a specific query field,
but instead of a field that stores an array of objects. From an implementation point of view,
can I using the LeafReader retrieve an object that would map to a Java Map, which I can later
use for accessing a certain field within the object? Of is it perhaps more advisable to get
the document instance using the LeafReader's getDocument(int docID) function, and then load
particular? I'm afraid that might hurt the performance in overall because the documents would
need to be loaded from disk.

Thanks in advance,
Dominik