lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kumar, Santosh" <santosh.kuma...@sap.com>
Subject Storing and retrieving Java objects in Lucene
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2018 03:04:20 GMT
Hi,

I have a requirement to store a Java object with multiple fields into the Lucene index. Basically,
at the application startup I run a  select query on entities ( there are 5 of them as of now
and may increase in future) and then create an index for each of these entities (5) i.e. five
different indexes as of now(cannot have a common index. Need separation of entity data).
 Ideally I would have liked to store only primary key field, but I need rest of the fields
upon fetch.
I use this index(basically only the primary key field) to prevent users from creating duplicate
entities or suggest them like a Did you mean(Google) ? feature . For this purpose, I’m using
SpellChecker module to suggest entities or identify duplicates. Since, Spell checker only
returns a String array, I again have to run a select separate search on the index(QueryParser
search) or run select on the DB to fetch the entire object. Furthermore converting the Lucene
Documents to Java object and vice- versa is a tedious task. Is there any API or library that
can simplify this task ?  I have heard of Compass API, but not sure if it is still recommended.
Any examples of the same or APIs will be appreciated. Thank you !!!

Thank you and Regards,
Santosh