lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From aravinth thangasami <aravinththangas...@gmail.com>
Subject Encryption At Rest - Using CustomAnalyzer
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2017 17:57:35 GMT
Hi all,

To support Encryption at Rest, We have written a custom analyzer, that
encrypts every token in the Input string and proceeds to the default
indexing chain

We are using AES/CTR/NoPadding with unique Key Per User.
This helps that the input string with common prefix, the encrypted strings
will also get common prefix
So that we can perform Prefix Query also.

For example,

run           x5X7
runs  x5X7tg==
running x5X7q/nE5g==

During searching, we will preprocess the query for encrypted Field before
searching
we can't do  WildCard & Fuzzy Query

Did anyone try this approach?
Please post your suggestions and your tried approaches

Thanks
Aravinth