lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Vadim Gindin <vgin...@detectum.com>
Subject Re: Scorer.iterator() - how to implement correctly
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2017 11:43:55 GMT
Hi Adrien.

ConstantScoreQuery - I'd tried that earlier. There is the problem. It
returns score = 0.0 for my configuration with Boolean.. I've debugged and
found, that it happens because of the following:

@Override
public Weight createWeight(IndexSearcher searcher, boolean
needsScores, float boost) throws IOException {
  final Weight innerWeight = searcher.createWeight(query, false, 1f);
  if (needsScores) {
    return new ConstantScoreWeight(this, boost) {

As you can see innerWeight is created with needsScores=false  and further
innerWeight.scorerSuplier will return null. That will lead to 0.0 final
score.

Moreover I'm trying to start my current logic from simple step. That's why
I wanted to implement something simple and decide to write it from scratch.

Ok, as you say - iterator is the reason of returning all documents. *So how
to properly implement scorer.iterator()?*

Many thanks for your help!
Regards
Vadim Gindin