lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Vadim Gindin <vgin...@detectum.com>
Subject Query in a doc context
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2017 08:43:54 GMT
Hi all.

As I can understand. All Queries (or most of them?) are single-field
oriented. They may implement different search/score logic, but they are
intended for a single field. For example, simple TermQuery or PhraseQuery.
If I need to implement the search through different fields I should use
BooleanQuery to combine several single-field queries.

Did I understand that right?

What is an appropriate way to implement a document-wise Query?

I need to have the ability to combine fields matching of one document and
analyze it. Particularly - to count whether all query terms are matched (to
one field or to different fields). I need to be able to fetch corresponding
information: what terms are matched to what fields and so on.

It seems, that BooleanQuery/BooleanScorer is not a good place to accumulate
some information from a child Queries/Scorers.