lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kumar, Santosh" <santosh.kuma...@sap.com>
Subject Re: Lucene with Database
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2017 05:35:46 GMT
Hi Trejkaz, Evert, Riccardo,

Thank you for your inputs. We have an application which we plan to migrate to Cloudfoundry
and are yet to make a decision on DataBase with the contenders being PostgreSQL, MySQL, HANA
DB, MongoDB. In the current setup, we use HANA DB which already has a fuzzy search query.
But, when we migrate to Cloudfoundry we might use a different database and to keep fuzzy search
DB agnostic, I think it would be better to have fuzzy search in Java layer rather than in
DB layer.

While looking up for examples of fuzzy search with Lucene, I came across examples that demonstrate
Lucene with file system predominantly, so was wondering if there are any samples on ‘How
to use Lucene with DB’ or if the Java logic remains same for Filesystem or DB (really sorry
I am new to Lucene). Any differences or things to consider when the data source are different?

Thank you and Regards,
Santosh

On 28/12/17, 4:01 AM, "Trejkaz" <trejkaz@trypticon.org> wrote:

    On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 1:07 AM, Riccardo Tasso
    <riccardo.tasso@gmail.com> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am not aware of any lucene integration with rdbms

    Derby has a plugin of some sort. I haven't tried it so I have no idea
    what it actually does, but it looks like it adds table functions which
    you could join to other queries.

    https://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.13/tools/rtoolsoptlucene.html

    TX