lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kumar, Santosh" <santosh.kuma...@sap.com>
Subject Lucene with Database
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2017 11:48:50 GMT

Hi,
I’m currently working on project which has the following scenario:

  1.  I have entities in DB on which I would like to prevent duplicates by same name or near
match, for example, SalesOrder or SlsOrd or SalesOrd etc…are all considered same. For this,
I would like to use fuzzy search and return only entities depending on a matching criterion
(say, return entities with match >=60%).
  2.  How do I approach this use case? Should I create one index (IndexWriter with RAMDirectory?)
for the entire application and keep updating the index (in the background as a separate micro
service) and whenever, a new entity is created or updated or removed (I need real time updates,
can’t wait for bulk updates on index) update the index as well?
  3.  I can then use the index created above as lookup when a user tries to create a new entity
and generate error or warning message.

If the 2nd point above is fine, then is there any general guideline or example that I can
follow for creating a global index for the application? Also, is there any guideline for using
Lucene with Database.

Appreciate your help!!!

Thank you and Regards,
Santosh