lucene-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Adrien Grand <jpou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about a documentation note in CompressingStoredFieldsIndexWriter
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2017 09:52:00 GMT
That makes sense to me, I'll push that change. Thanks!

Le ven. 24 nov. 2017 à 10:40, Roman Margolis <roman.margolis@gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Sorry about that.
> In my original message, I highlighted the relevant parts which probably
> didn't make it to the mail archive.
>
> I would expect the note to state the following (unless I misunderstood some
> of the details):
> "Once data is loaded into memory, you can lookup the start pointer of any
> document chunk by performing two binary searches: a first one based on the
> values of DocBase in order to find the right block, and then inside the
> block based on DocBaseDeltas (by reconstructing the doc bases for every
> chunk)."
>
> instead of:
> "Once data is loaded into memory, you can lookup the start pointer of any
> document by performing two binary searches: a first one based on the values
> of DocBase in order to find the right block, and then inside the block
> based on DocBaseDeltas (by reconstructing the doc bases for every chunk)."
>
> The difference between the two is the added word 'chunk' after the word
> 'document'.
>
> Thanks,
> Roman Margolis
>
>
> On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 11:24 AM, Adrien Grand <jpountz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Roman,
> >
> > It's unclear to me what modification you are suggesting, could you please
> > share what the updated comment would look like?
> >
> > Le mer. 22 nov. 2017 à 14:17, Roman Margolis <roman.margolis@gmail.com>
> a
> > écrit :
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I was reading some internal info about Lucene, and was confused by a
> note
> > > on this page:
> > >
> > > https://lucene.apache.org/core/7_1_0/core/org/apache/
> > lucene/codecs/compressing/CompressingStoredFieldsIndexWriter.html
> > >
> > > The note (the last note at the bottom) says:
> > >
> > >    - Once data is loaded into memory, you can lookup the start pointer
> of
> > >    any document by performing two binary searches: a first one based on
> > the
> > >    values of DocBase in order to find the right block, and then inside
> > the
> > >    block based on DocBaseDeltas (by reconstructing the doc bases for
> > every
> > >    chunk).
> > >
> > > Shouldn't it say chunk, or document chunk (referring to document chunks
> > in
> > > the field data file)?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > > Roman Margolis
> > >
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message